As our schedules begin to fill up with holiday parties and school activities for the kids, it’s easy to forget about the obligation of carpet cleaning in Village, VA. It’s a chore that no one looks forward to, but is one that should absolutely be done, especially around this time of year.
Our carpets take a major beating this time of year. From dirt and leaves to other fall debris, along with winter slush, salt and mud, carpets are going to see a lot of abuse this winter, which makes carpet cleaning right now essential. Here are some of the reasons carpet cleaning in Village, VA is a great thing to do before winter hits:
You’re home more often. Whether you have children that get snow days, they’re home for winter break, you’re on vacation, or you’re having family over for the holidays—winter is the time of year that you spend more time at home and indoors. You want to make sure your home remains clean and comfortable for this time and Fall is the perfect time to do it.
Your warranty may be void. This is a point that many people don’t realize. If you wait longer than 12-16 months before cleaning your carpet, you could potentially void your warranty. This is because of the brutal beating that the mud and debris can have on the carpet fibers as people walk on it, especially as often as people do during the holidays.
Fall is actually a great time to clean. Not only does cleaning during the fall prep your home for the holidays and all of the visitors you may have, it’s also ideal because the air is dryer and after a good cleaning the carpet will dry faster.
Once your carpet is clean, there are some things you can do to make sure that your home stays clean and welcoming this holiday season:
- Vacuum before and immediately after every party.
- Have rugs strategically places in order to prevent dirt and slush from getting into the actual carpet, then you only need to clean the rugs.
- Install door draft stoppers, these prevent leaves and dirt from blowing into your home and onto the carpets.
- Make sure that all of your house guests take their shoes off when they arrive.
- Designate an area in your home as a ‘mud room’ where kids and guests can take off dirty or muddy shoes and clothing, avoiding contact with your carpets.
- Sweep the floors daily so that any dirt or grime on the floors doesn’t get transferred onto your carpets.
When all is said and done, it’s important that you start the holiday season off right by having your carpets cleaned and prepped for the harsh winter elements. Not only will your house look and feel it’s best, but so will you—and that’s most important as the craziness of the holiday’s rolls around. Work with your local cleaning company today and have your carpets cleaned, you’ll be so relieved that you did!