Dryer vent cleaning goes beyond sanitation—the safety of your home can depend on it. That is why including this step when you invest in professional house cleaning in Village, VA can mean the difference between a safe dryer or an insurance claim. At the very least, your dryer will run up utility costs by running too long or too hot. Here are five reasons why you want to clean the dryer vents:
- Drying efficiency: Not all messy dryer vents will result in an explosion if you notice the signs of a needed cleaning first. One of these signs includes the drying cycle taking longer, up to double or even triple the usual time. First, you’ll notice that your clothes are not dry after a regular cycle, and later you may find heat is not produced at all. When you ignore this issue, you are not only wearing out your dryer more quickly, but you also make it vulnerable to starting a fire.
- Hot temperatures: Drying often becomes less efficient, but sometimes, the opposite effect happens, too. Heat gets trapped when dryer vents are clogged and there is nowhere else for it to go. Rather than clothing coming out of a cycle wet, it will feel too hot. The dryer will also be boiling hot to the touch, and you may feel like you have to wait before emptying it. Even if you avoid a house fire, the stress on the heating element and blower can lead to repairs or a dryer replacement.
- Odors: When your dryer vent is full, you will notice a burning smell, which is never a welcome addition to any home. The odor is also a sign of imminent danger, as it shows lint is already burning in your vents. If you pick up on this, clean your dryer vent immediately.
- Avoiding fire: If there is any reason to clean your dryer vent, it is this one. Lint is flammable. It is not harmless fuzz taking residence in your vent, but potential kindling. As the dryer heats up and runs longer due to efficiency problems, the chances of lint bursting into flames becomes higher. While many people do not wish to involve themselves in the chore of cleaning, it is quite necessary to prevent potential disaster.
- Carbon monoxide: If you have an electric dryer, fire is your biggest worry. With gas dryers, this goes up a notch to deadly carbon monoxide poisoning. Natural gas is very efficient and helps you save money on your heating costs. However, if it cannot vent properly, it will fill your home, which is a very deadly development.
In addition to cleaning your dryer vents, you should also consider having them inspected. There can be structural issues and other developments that make them susceptible to clogging and producing excessive heat and carbon monoxide. You will not pay much for this service to enjoy welcome peace of mind.
King’s Cleaning Service, Inc. serves a 50-mile radius with skilled house cleaning in Village, VA, and we can also clear up your dryer vents. Call us today for an estimate.