People who are fastidious about changing their bed linens often overlook cleaning their mattresses. Often seen as a bulky and necessary implement that is impossible to clean, many of our customers think nothing of putting clean sheets on a dirty mattress. If you never considered the benefits of mattress cleaning or figured it was an impossible chore, you need to be aware of these six benefits, which can be reason enough to sign up your mattress for furniture cleaning in Village, VA:
- Replace mattresses less often: Even if you purchase a mattress cover, the accumulation of dead skin, sweat and other bodily fluids will build up. Considering that mattresses are many layers, this all gets pushed in until it is impossible to clean. People change out mattresses not just because they wear out, but also because they become rather disgusting. Giving this essential piece of sleeping equipment a cleaning will help it last longer and stay fresher.
- Allergen control: Taking your Allegra or vacuuming up every piece of cat hair in the house will do little to keep allergies under control if you just carry all of it back with you when you go to sleep at night. Nighttime produces the most severe allergy symptoms, not just because that is when pollens produce in greater numbers, but also because allergens work into mattresses waiting to infect the next unsuspecting victim. If a household member is allergy-prone, help them cope with a cleaner mattress.
- Dust mite depopulation: In many ways, dust mites are unavoidable. However, they can be controlled so they do not affect your household significantly. Since mattresses are one of their favorite lairs, cut back on that option by keeping it clean.
- Better sleep: Just as clean sheets help your bed feel cozier, a fresh mattress will be a welcome addition to your sleep patterns. To keep your bed fresh between cleanings, sprinkle baking soda on the fabric, wait 15 minutes and vacuum it up. No one wants to sleep in a cloud of odors, and even if you don’t notice them right away, they can disrupt your sleep.
- Stain reduction: From eating in bed to pets and children having accidents, there is always a chance for mattresses to gain new stains. Acting on these stains immediately can prevent discoloration as well as an overwhelming stench in the future. If you act on these as they happen, you will have a fresher mattress that lasts longer, too.
- Reduce changes of infection: If a flu epidemic hits your home, keep it from re-infecting your household by giving the mattress a deep clean. Consider it another way to keep misery under control.
Once you clean your mattress, buy a protective cover so it stays fresh longer. Some covers are made specifically to control allergens and dust mites, which can prove essential for members of your household who suffer health problems.
For furniture cleaning in Village, VA to refresh your mattress or your entire house, contact King’s Cleaning Service, Inc. to arrange for an estimate.