Beautiful hardwood floors are an investment, and no one understands that better than King’s Cleaning Service, Inc. These floors add beauty, personality and class to any home, and when properly installed, are also long lasting and durable.
But just like any other home investment, they do require some love and care, and that’s where your trusted cleaning service in Village, VA comes in, because living with dirty floors is bad for health, aesthetics and the floors themselves.
Schedule an appointment with us for expert care and professional cleaning assistance, and give these hardwood floor cleaning tips a try in the meantime:
- Sweep: This is one step you can perform regularly in order to prevent dirt and grime from settling into your flooring. Use a good quality broom with gentle bristles first, to collect all of the dirt and remove it.
- Dust: Next, go over the flooring with a cloth or microfiber mop. If you opt for the mop, make sure you have the right technique: go with the grain of the wood, and avoid lifting it off of the wood in between, so that you keep all the grime on the pad.
- Vacuum: You can use your vacuum to get into little nooks and crannies that a microfiber cloth or broom can’t reach. Do be aware that it is imperative to have the right setting and type of vacuum if you choose to use it. Don’t let the beater bar of the vacuum scrape along the floor, and take care with the wheels—you don’t want to scratch the wood!
- Mop: A wet mop is another great option for catching dust in corners and in between the slats of the wood. Choose a cleaner specifically designed for hardwood floors, and don’t lay it on too thick; hardwood floors don’t take kindly to excess liquid. Simply mist the area and use your mop in gentle, sweeping motions. You’ll be amazed at how much good a soft touch can do with hardwood floors.
- Polish: You don’t need to worry about polishing your floor on a frequent basis; once every few months should be more than sufficient. This step will renew your finish and help fill in little “micro” scratches on the surface. If you’re a little nervous about using floor polish, don’t worry: a good cleaning service in Village, VA, such as King’s Cleaning Service, Inc., has a skilled crew on hand to polish your floors with the best products on the market.
- Protect: After you’ve given your hardwood floors some TLC, add a little protection on top. If you have an area that gets a lot of wear and tear, such as an entryway, lay down mats to help protect against dirt and moisture.
You can help preserve the life of your hardwood floors by following the steps above regularly. But going the extra mile and getting the floors deep cleaned annually will greatly extend their longevity. Give King’s Cleaning Service a call today to see how we can keep your floor looking gorgeous!