It doesn’t matter if you have hardwood flooring or carpets—vacuuming your home’s floors is an important part of regular home maintenance. However, a more thorough cleaning of all types of flooring materials is needed every so often. If you don’t vacuum and clean your floors regularly, chances are your indoor air quality is poor and your flooring material won’t last as long as it should.
But what about area rugs? While area rugs can be vacuumed, swept or taken outside and beaten to remove dust and debris, they cannot be put though a home washing machine, and nor can they be subjected to carpet cleaning machines. A deep cleaning of rugs requires the skills of experts. Below are seven tips for choosing the right professional for area rug cleaning in Village:
- Get recommendations: Between friends, family and social media, odds are you can put together a long list of recommended rug cleaners. Ask the people you know what they liked about the cleaning service and customer service they received, as well as pricing. Make sure the recommendations are for companies within your local area.
- Do your research: Take the time to check out area rug cleaners online. Past clients are your best sources to learn about a company, so search forums and review sites. If a company’s website is well organized, it’ll be easy to understand.
- Make sure they provide a variety of services: Just because a company offers professional carpet cleaning services doesn’t necessarily mean they are experienced in cleaning area rugs. Be very clear about what service you need and never settle for, “We don’t normally clean area rugs, but we can give it a shot!” A lack of knowledge, experience and proper equipment will result in the damage or destruction of your rug.
- Ask to see before and after photos: A professional rug cleaning company will be able to supply examples of rugs before and after cleaning, as well as describe the types of stains or damages each had.
- Get a quote: A quote should be a part of the service and offered before any work begins. Without a quote, you could be in for a shock once the bill comes.
- Ask about their equipment: Companies that are serious about area rug cleaning own the right tools and equipment for the job. Cleaning equipment shouldn’t be like your regular household items. In addition to owning professional equipment, cleaning technicians must be experienced, qualified, fully certified and trained to use the equipment properly.
- Make sure they provide care instructions: After your area rug is cleaned and ready for use, the technician should tell you how to care for it to extend its life and luster. Because rug cleaning is their livelihood, they will have a passion for area rugs and want yours to look beautiful and last as long as possible.
From water damage to pet stains, King’s Cleaning Service, Inc. can clean it all and more. Call us for more information about area rug cleaning in Village or to schedule a cleaning today!