As homes and commercial spaces throughout the world become increasingly energy efficient, many people are suffering from a dramatic unintended consequence: increased exposure to mold.
Mold thrives in warm, moist, stale, stagnant environments. Many homes that emphasize the tightness of their envelope to promote lower energy expenses are especially susceptible to mold propagation. The tighter a building’s envelope is, the more likely it is to facilitate mold growth.
Unfortunately, mold doesn’t just pose a threat to the interior of your home and its structural integrity—mold is also a substantial health risk. While nearly all types of mold can cause allergy-like symptoms, there are some strains known to cause long-term damage to the human body’s respiratory system, nervous system and more.
It’s important to recognize the early symptoms of mold exposure and determine if you have a need for mold removal in Village, VA. Here are just some symptoms that could indicate exposure to some type of mold:
- Wheezing breath: A common symptom of mold exposure is difficulty breathing, or wheezing breath. If you’re finding yourself winded after non-strenuous physical activity, it could be the result of mold exposure.
- Congested sinuses: A routinely stuffed nose or a runny nose could indicate mold exposure, especially when coupled with watery eyes. If your sinuses are feeling subpar, it’s advisable to consult with a company specializing in mold removal in Village, VA.
- Itchy skin, eyes and throat: If your eyes, throat and skin feel itchy, or if your skin appears to be flaky and cracked, it may indicate mold exposure. If these symptoms are more pronounced when you’re at home, it’s advisable to consult with a professional.
In addition to these symptoms, some types of mold, like “toxic black mold,” can cause a slew of neurological issues, including:
- Headaches: Chronic migraines or headaches might indicate the presence of mycotoxins, or toxic mold spores, in your home. Regular headaches are often one of the first signs of toxic mold exposure.
- Hair loss: Toxic mold causes a number of adverse health outcomes, including sudden hair loss. While this may be a challenging symptom to identify, it’s an important one to look out for.
- Depression: Mycotoxins have the ability to alter your brain chemistry, resulting in mood swings and chromic depression. If you’re suddenly feeling depressed, it’s advisable to consult with a medical professional.
- Hallucinations: Toxic mold is also known to cause auditory hallucinations. If you’re hearing sounds without any clear indication of where they’re coming from, it may be caused by a particularly pronounced mold infestation in your abode.
Working with a company specializing in mold removal in Village, VA is essential if you believe that your home is leaving you susceptible to mold exposure.
For more than four decades, King’s Cleaning Service, Inc. has been providing high-quality mold removal in Village, VA. We’re proud to provide each of our clients with dependable mold removal strategies and solutions that they can count on. We also offer mold prevention tips and services for clients who are especially susceptible to mold propagation. Contact us today to learn more.