When it comes to keeping carpets clean inside your home or business, regular vacuuming can be a big help. It’s easy to tell when a carpet hasn’t been vacuumed in a while, with dust and dirt clinging to the fibers. However, this dirty appearance can also result if your vacuum isn’t being taken care of properly.
Vacuums require regular maintenance, just like other kinds of appliances do, to ensure their longevity and proper function. A poorly maintained vacuum can result in dirty carpets and possibly even carpet damage.
Here are some tips for vacuum maintenance in Village to keep your vacuum cleaner in tip-top shape:
- Empty vacuum bag: One of the most basic but sometimes overlooked aspects of vacuum maintenance in Village is emptying its bag or bin before use. Dirt, dust and other debris get caught there and will continue to accumulate until the vacuum cannot store anything more, which will inhibit airflow and leave dirt in your carpeting (or even deposit more from inside the vacuum!). Always empty the bin or bag when it’s around ⅔ full.
- Clean or replace the filter: Your vacuum’s filter catches dirt and filters it out of the air being pushed through the device. It will need to be cleaned or replaced when it gets dirty to ensure proper functionality and air quality in your home. Check on the filter regularly and replace it as necessary, not just when it stops working entirely.
- Clean the brush roll: The brush roll, or the piece that meets the carpet to scoop up debris, can get worn out or dirty over time, since it’s in constant contact with carpeting. Things like hair can also get wrapped around the brush roll and cause functionality problems. Check the brush roll regularly and make sure to replace it if it’s starting to look worn down. You may also want to remove it and cut away hair or string, as well as wash it with soap and water. Additionally, it’s a good idea to clean the attachments for your vacuum if you use them often.
- Check the vacuum belt: The belt that holds the brush roll to your vacuum can get worn down after repeated use. Inspect it to ensure it’s not frayed or stretched too far from the vacuum. Vacuum belts generally need to be replaced around once a year, and more frequently if you use the vacuum very often.
- Care for the cords: Make sure you’re paying attention to the health of your vacuum cleaner’s cord. Don’t pull or twist the vacuum cord. Always wrap the cords up nicely as designed, with a little extra give to avoid dents. Constant pressure can wear down the cord or fray it, leading to electrical shortages or a completely non-functional vacuum over time.
By conducting regular vacuum maintenance in Village, you’ll be able to extend the life of your vacuum and keep your home or business as clean as possible. However, vacuuming alone won’t keep your carpets in pristine condition. For deep carpet cleaning, call King’s Cleaning Service, Inc.! Our top-of-the-line cleaning company provides numerous services for homes and businesses, including carpet cleaning, mold removal, furniture cleaning, air duct cleaning and more.