A recent study shows that there may be new ways to eliminate indoor airborne pathogens, like dust mites, bacteria, spores and viruses, on the horizon.
Indoor air is notoriously dirty. Everything from pet dander to dead skin cells, mold and fungus is constantly floating through the air of the average home. That’s why it’s so important for homeowners to invest in regular air disinfection in Callao, VA.
Experiments at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor show that charged air molecule particles could be used to remove detritus floating through the air. Scientists are rapidly working to develop this new finding, and will hopefully use it to create new consumer products that can be used to safely and promptly sterilize indoor air.
Thankfully, there are a number of tools that are already available that homeowners can use to help disinfect their indoor air and keep it clean and allergen-free. The best air purification method will vary from person to person, but it’s always worthwhile to invest in professional assistance, particularly if you or your loved ones suffer from allergies or asthma. Here are just a few air disinfection methods to consider trying in your home:
- Purchase houseplants: Houseplants aren’t just pretty things to keep around. They can also help you keep the air in your home cleaner and more pleasant! Plants filter out toxins and exhale cleaner air. Palms, in particular, are known for creating pure, breathable oxygen.
- Change your HVAC filter: Many people rely on their home’s built-in air filtration system to clean and purify their air. If you don’t regularly change your filter, however, it won’t be doing much good. You should replace your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) filter every month or so, depending on a variety of factors, including number of people in the home, whether or not you have pets, etc.
- Burn beeswax candles: Beeswax candles send out negatively charged ions, which cause things to become heavier and fall to the ground. Burning beeswax in your home can purify your air, and provide you with a strikingly good scent in the process. Few things are as calming as the aroma of fresh burning beeswax.
- Keep your shoes outside: Wearing your shoes indoors can track in pollen, fungus and more from the outdoors. To avoid this, place your shoe mat outside or leave your footwear in the mud room. Making this small change can help alleviate allergy symptoms when you’re inside and help you stay healthy.
- Invest in professional cleaning: Much of the airborne dirt in your home is harbored in your upholstered and carpeted surfaces. This means that investing in professional cleaning for your carpeting and furniture can dramatically improve your indoor air quality. It’s one of the best ways to achieve air disinfection in Callao, VA.
King’s Cleaning Service, Inc. has been a trusted provider of air disinfection in Callao, VA since 1975. We offer a range of high-quality cleaning services, including mold removal, water damage remediation and more. To learn more about our robust range of services and to schedule your next cleaning appointment, contact one of our friendly representatives today.