With a pandemic spreading across America and flu season on its way, keeping your house clean and healthy in Village is probably closer to the top of your to-do list than it might have been in other years. Plus, there are plenty of allergens that can irritate even the healthiest people.
Although there’s no way to keep your home completely germ-free, there are plenty of things you can do to make it a safe environment—and that includes working with King’s Cleaning Service, Inc. to take some of the burden off your shoulders.
Here are our best tips to keep a healthy home:
- Vacuum regularly: If you have allergies—or just hate seeing dust floating around—regular vacuuming will go a long way toward cutting down on the dust. Try to get to it about once per week, and more often if you keep your windows open constantly. You should also vacuum upholstery, as dust will collect in those cushions and pillows, not just your carpets.
- Wash linens frequently: Washing your linens, from bath towels to curtains to your sheets, ensures that you get rid of dust, tracked-in pollen and other allergens. It also cleans up after shedding skin cells, hair and other less-than-desirable substances. If you have children or pets, you may need to wash even more frequently.
- Disinfect high-contact surfaces: In addition to keeping your home COVID-19 free, disinfecting high-contact surfaces is a smart way to keep from spreading germs. Light switches, remote controls, keyboards, electronics and more are germ magnets. Even your cell phone needs to be wiped down daily, especially if anyone in your home is sick.
- Pay attention to food safety: Staying on top of food safety is important—no one wants food poisoning—but it’s not just a matter remembering to wash the counters after cutting up raw chicken. You should also be sure to disinfect your tables and high chair trays, and wash your pet’s food and water bowls as often as possible.
- Stay on top of the bathroom: Thanks to a bathroom’s functions, it is a haven for bacteria and viruses. Clean the bathroom every week, and wipe down high-contact areas like handles, faucets, light switches and counters with disinfectant wipes every day.
- Watch out for pets’ and kids’ toys: Finally, your pets and kids are adorable, but when it comes to germs, they are super spreaders. It might seem like an exercise in futility, but whether it’s your dog or your child drooling on a toy, try to disinfect them at least every few days. This is especially important if your child hasn’t grasped the concept of handwashing (or at least not putting everything they see into their mouth).
Most importantly, cut yourself some slack—trying to keep your home completely germ free is an exercise in futility, and it’ll add a lot to your endless obligations. King’s Cleaning Service, Inc. is here to help when keeping a clean and healthy home in Village is too much to do on your own. Contact us today to learn more.