It can happen to anyone—your basement, your kitchen or even your bedroom just isn’t smelling as fresh as it usually does. It might be hard to pinpoint the exact source of the problem, but you know that something is just… off. While it may be annoying or unpleasant, there is no need to be too concerned. Most household odors have causes that are both innocuous and easy to fix, if you know what you’re looking for and what to do when you track down the source. You can easily eliminate odors in Village once you incorporate some simple tips about what to do if your nose is setting off alarm bells:
- Check the trash can: This seems like an obvious first step in how to eliminate odors in Village, but it’s a crucial one. Of course, most people know to change out the trash bag if the kitchen smells a little funky, but many people neglect the can itself. Even metal or plastic trash cans can eventually pick up trash residue and debris over time, so they should be scrubbed and disinfected regularly to prevent smelly buildup.
- Clean out the fridge: Neglected food in the fridge is another common culprit for smells around the house. Rotting food tucked away in the back and forgotten should be searched for on a regular basis. Additionally, be sure to compost or throw away any rotten produce in the drawers.
- Clean the toilet early and often: Here’s a bit of knowledge our team at King’s Cleaning Service, Inc. is familiar with: if your toilet looks dirty, it’s probably too late. Odors can start emanating from a toilet even before there’s any visible buildup, so give it a scrub often. Once a week or so should be plenty to keep any smells at bay.
- Your mattress might be a problem: Most people don’t think of their mattress when it comes to household odors—it’s always covered with sheets and blankets, so it’s out of sight and out of mind. However, it can get quite musty. An easy tip is to regularly sprinkle it with baking soda—let it sit for an hour or two, then vacuum it up.
- Plush carpets need care: While we offer many specialized cleaning services, carpet cleaning is one of the favorites among our customers. However, you can DIY carpet care as well, especially with plush rugs, by using the same baking soda trick that we recommended above for mattresses. It will go a long way towards eliminating odors in Village and will leave your carpets smelling as fresh as the day you got them.
Tending to household odors is usually just a matter of regular cleaning and maintenance, but if you think your home’s problems might run a bit deeper, or you just want a professional touch to do a deep clean, then give King’s Cleaning Service, Inc. a call today. We work on cleaning projects both big and small, and we can tailor our services to fit any budget. We look forward to making you our next repeat customer!